Good Morning and Happy Tuesday of Holy Week. This weekend was laid back and super fun all jammed together! Aka we didn’t really do much besides eat..AND look at our wedding pictures which we finally got back. Eek soo excited. Here’s a sneak peek, but you’ll have to wait for the rest until the wedding recaps start flowing!
While you are patiently waiting, I highly recommend making these muffins! They have been endorsed by my husband, fellow RD’s to be, and my family. If they can please all these people than they must be something extra special, and believe me they are!
We had these muffins on Sunday and therefore HAD to make cream cheese frosting to put on top, because in lent you only get treats on Sunday, but I think they are delicious and moist all on their own without any cream cheese frosting. On top of all that, you do not need to take out 12 appliances to grind the flour, beat the dough, etc. You simply need a bowl and a spoon…oh and some almond flour 🙂
No Appliances, Gluten Free
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Prep time: 5 min Baking time: 25 min Makes 9 muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 400° and prepare muffin tin with oil or liners if you are feeling festive.
- Add oil, maple syrup, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a bowl and whisk until combined and frothy.
- Comine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, poppy seeds, and dash of salt in a mixing bowl. Mix together and then slowly add to the lemony-wet ingredients.
- Mix and pour into muffin tins. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then EAT.
Happy Holy week all!