So along my blogging journey I have discovered that I eat a lot of the same thing: roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes) , quinoa, salsa, and spinach. Pretty much all my meals besides breakfast which is usually oatmeal, is a variation of these staple diet items. However this week I have been trying to add some spice to my life. So here are 6 things I have been recently obsessed with eating!
But first my day of eating!
Breakfast: Oatmeal after an early morning run! Lunch: chicken tacos! Dinner: Turkey burger on a cashew bun. Snacks: Apple and orange muffin!
- Spiralized Anything…but particularly Zucchini. I think I mentioned we got a vegetti for our wedding, and guys I’m obsessed. It’s so much fun. I find an excuse to put zucchini in and on just about everything! Pasta, salads, eggs….you name it!
2. Crockpot Chicken. So far this broadened my horizon to barbecue chicken and chicken tacos. I much prefer cooking chicken in the crock then in the oven!
3. Muffins! I think giving up sweets for lent has led me to the muffin making business. My latest creations include oatmeal banana and some orange muffins from Julie at pbfingers.
4.Pears, eaten alone or added to oatmeal.
5. Baked Items made from cashews. I love making cashew hamburger buns and now I am into making pancakes with cashews and coconut flour. They are so good.
6. TATOR TOTS, in the form of the one and only tator tot hot dish (with some gluten-free creamy soup)!!
As always thanks to Jenn from peasandcrayons, for reuniting us!
I hope that gave you some cooking inspiration, or made you question my sanity. Either way it’s Wednesday so enjoy the rest of your week and eat quinoa!
Question: What is the best thing you’ve eaten this week? I would have to go with the pancakes, they were delicious!