My dear friends, Happy Tuesday and Welcome to the best-potluck-dish-ever edition of Faith, Hope, and Quinoa. Now if you know anything about me, you know that 1. Potlucks are the real deal in the Nutrition world and 2. I fall into every pumpkin spice trap out there. So where does that lead too…tada…Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies. Simple. Delicious. Pumpkin.
I made a small batch so the recipe can definitely be double for a big party batch
- 5 oz (or half a bag) Pumpkin Spice chocolate chips
- 4 cups Brown Rice Chex (because these are healthy)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate.
My future sister-in-law always makes fun of me because I am the classic white girl who adds pumpkin to everything and loves it!
- Melt Pumpkin Spice chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals until the chips have melted and is nice and smooth (don’t worry about the unnaturally orange color, something pumpkin spice does that to you).
2. In a large bowl mix together the melted pupmpkin-chocolate and the rice chex.
3. Then shake the rice chex with the powdered sugar in a large ziploc bag
4. You can be done at this point and enjoy delicious pumpkin Muddy Buddies, OR you can melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave, lay the muddy buddies on a cookie sheet and then proceed to drizzle the chocolate over the pumpkin-y goodness.
Delicious! And you will be highly beloved at the potluck if you walk in the door with these babies!