Ok so maybe this week will be an ode to pumpkin spice!
- 1 and 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I put in an extra dash)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
simple and easy instructions:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl this includes oats, coconut flout, and spices (I added a touch more cinnamon, but that’s because I LOVE cinnamon).
2. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, starting with the banana first (so you can mash into a sweet gooey consistency without the pumpkin getting in the way).
3. Combine the wet and dry. Then and add chocolate chips, I will leave the amount of chocolate chips to your discretion.
4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges start pulling away from the pan.
Enjoy these lusciously moist and super healthy pumpkin bars! I will give a fair warning, these are more like baked oatmeal then a dessertish bar, so don’t have the wrong expectation when you make these. But they do make a great portable breakfast or lighter but still satisfying dessert.