So today is my official last day of summer…which means tomorrow is my LAST first day of school!
Tomorrow I will move back to Minneapolis, which means I will be very close to my BFFs Linda and Ben.
So what am I doing on my last day of summer? It started with a rough 5 mile run and then I enjoyed a yogurt bowl full of fresh peaches, Best Granola Ever, an apple and blueberries!
And of course I enjoyed my breakfast with a little Kathie lee and Hoda!
Now I don’t have much of a sweet tooth but lately I have been whipping up desserts like they are back in style. And I have found some keepers! Here is a new banana bread recipe that is easy and super delicious. I actually added a lot of dark chocolate chunks because I was a little scared of the banana bread, but after tasting it, it was so good I felt like I could have used less chocolate.
- 4 bananas (mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- handful of dark chocolate chips
And here is how you do it:
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 8×8 pan (you can also make in a loaf pan, but I find it cooks more evenly in a square pan).
2. In a kitchen aid put in your four bananas and mix to mash them. Then add in the eggs, almond butter, and butter. Mix well.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Add in chocolate chunks and stir by hand.
5. Pour into ban and bake for 40-45 minutes. You can use the toothpick test and the edges should begin to pull away from the pan.
This is really good to pack up and eat on a picnic date with your handsome fiancé!
Question of the day: Chocolate or no chocolate in banana bread? Or what is your favorite add-in to banana bread? I have to say no chocolate! I like the original.